Monday, September 7, 2015

Review: We Are All Made of Molecules

We Are All Made of Molecules We Are All Made of Molecules by Susin Nielsen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this story so much. I was way more into Stewart's story than Ashley's. It took a while for me to catch up to Ashley. I wondered how her parents, while being so nice, could create such a self-centered, popularity-obsessed child. Stewart was so much easier for me to love. I felt like he was doing the right thing so often and Ashley was too obsessed with the way she looked and getting with Jared. However, she came around at the end. I really liked the dual story perspectives, because it did humanize both of them, even if I liked one of them better. I think kids will appreciate the perspectives of two different kids at the same school getting along, and I think the blended family aspect will speak to a lot as well.

It does contain scenes with underage drinking, and some talk about bras and sexual activity.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...