Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Review: Reawakened

Reawakened Reawakened by Colleen Houck
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Did I like this one? Yes! It's a story of Egyptian mythology, intrigue and a lot of romantic tension. I was pulled along on plot enough to keep reading, because I wanted to see how the story of Amon and his brothers work out. I wanted to know if they would make it, and how. I also liked seeing the Egyptian stories retold, and I appreciated the ending, which leaves me waiting for the next book.

However, I should note some things that may be issues for others:
-white rich protagonist, who of course doesn't care for the trappings of her penthouse life but lives by them anyway
-three brothers all seeming to care for the same girl, instantly upon meeting her.

I think it's worth giving a shot.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...