Sunday, August 23, 2015

Review: The Question of Miracles

The Question of Miracles The Question of Miracles by Elana K. Arnold
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Heartbreaking. Iris has moved to Corvallis, Oregon after the death of her best friend Sarah. She's gone from sunny California to rainy Oregon, and she's not happy. She sits with Boris at lunch one day, and slowly begins to become friends with him. She discovers that he is a medical miracle, and starts to wonder if she too can get a miracle, or why some people get miracles and others don't. My heart broke for Iris, who was there when her friend died, and her struggle to let others in. I enjoyed that she did befriend Boris and tried some new things that he liked, before moving on to teaching him things. I think this one will stay with kids for a long time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...