Friday, August 28, 2015

Review: Nnewts: Escape from the Lizzarks

Nnewts: Escape from the Lizzarks Nnewts: Escape from the Lizzarks by Doug TenNapel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Once I got past my initial dislike of the double n in "nnewts," I really enjoyed this book. Hurk wants so badly to have strong legs and be able to be on land and water. His dad is a magician, who gets called away on a hunting raid. While he is gone, the lizzarks attack. Hurk escapes, but has no idea where to go. There's a lot of interesting points, some of which feel a bit expected to this avid fantasy/sci-fi reader but will surprise kids. I'm excited to see where this story goes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...