Monday, August 3, 2015

Review: Bayou Magic

Bayou Magic Bayou Magic by Jewell Parker Rhodes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I will always happily read anything Jewell Parker Rhodes writes. I have been in love since Ninth Ward. Bayou Magic continues the trend with Madison (or Maddy), the youngest daughter off to meet her grandmother for the first time in the bayou of Bon Temps, Louisiana. In this magical place, Maddy will discover things about herself and the world.

There was one section that I found to be more unbelievable than others, even in a magical realism story, about Bear and his pa. I don't want to say more for fear of spoilers, but it resolved too easily for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...