Thursday, October 1, 2015

Review: The Scorpion Rules

The Scorpion Rules The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For my fellow Maine Student Book Award reviewers-- This book will not be like the Hunger Games, which can be YA and still fall on the list.

That aside, I feel this is an excellent start to a new YA series. Wars fought over lack of water seems very logical to me, especially with the melting of the polar ice caps. That children are kept as hostages by the UN so that war is prevented and there's a evil AI overlord is just icing on the cake. I personally was a big fan of Greta, our narrator, and her entire arc (from realizing the facade she's built for herself, to her romantic not-quite-a-triangle arc.) I am especially intrigued by the ending, which I will not spoil here. Definitely a sequel to look forward to!

I received a copy of the book from NetGalley in return for my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...