Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Review: Nightbird

Nightbird Nightbird by Alice Hoffman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Twig lives with her mother on the edge of Sidwell, Massachusetts. Her family mostly keeps to themselves due to their secret. When a new family moves in next door, the younger daughter, Julia, wants desperately to be Twig's friend. Can she balance having a new friend with respecting her mother's wishes?

I'm not familiar with Hoffman, other than having seen movie adaptations of her work. I know this is Hoffman's first book for the middle grade audience, and it is a wonderful fairy tale. This is another book where I felt like the ending came on suddenly, but I was sort of racing at the end to beat sleep. I think this book will be excellent for your reader that prefers a bit of magic with their realistic fiction.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...