Sunday, October 18, 2015

Review: Bone Gap

Bone Gap Bone Gap by Laura Ruby
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Seriously, everyone ever should read this book. I have been very impressed so far with this year's National Book Award Nominee list for young people. Not many books lead me to jump around with excitement upon finishing, but this one did. Ruby's backlist is definitely one I'm going to check out when MSBA is over.

Finn is seen as dreamy by most of the town of Bone Gap. His brother, Sean, is his guardian after his mother ran off with that orthodontist. There was a girl, Roza, who lived with them, but she was kidnapped, and no one seems to believe Finn about it. People leave Bone Gap for all sorts of reasons. Finn is convinced that what he saw is truth. Can he make anyone else believe it?

That's all I want to say about this beautiful bit of magical realism. The less you know going into this story, the better.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...