Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Review: Lowriders to the Center of the Earth

Lowriders to the Center of the Earth Lowriders to the Center of the Earth by Cathy Camper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as the first. This one I had to read a bit more slowly, because the Aztec names and stories were not familiar to me. I almost wish the glossary had been in the front of the book, but that would have spoiled some of the surprise. I do like that the translations of Spanish phrases continues at the bottom of the page. I also feel like I learned a bit about Aztec mythology, which was interesting. Maybe if the pronunciations had been in there as we were going along?

I will say that I still very much enjoy Raul the Third's pen illustrations. They are so unique and interesting. I'm glad I purchased it for my library.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...