Friday, August 5, 2016

Review: Ask Me How I Got Here

Ask Me How I Got Here Ask Me How I Got Here by Christine Heppermann
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was drawn in by this story, but then, I was such a huge fan of Poisoned Apples: Poems for You, My Pretty. I knew what to expect from Heppermann's poetic voice, and she did not disappoint. I liked the interplay of religion and choices, how to reconcile faith and the lived life when they disagree. I also liked that Addie had support from her parents and boyfriend about her abortion. This is not a tale of hardship to get one, or dealing with angry family members. There is one young woman who talks a lot about a charity for "repenting women", which I have mixed feelings about. It seems both helpful and also guilt-inducing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...