Friday, December 18, 2015

Review: The Shrunken Head

The Shrunken Head The Shrunken Head by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Thomas, Pippa, and Sam all live at Dumfrey's Dime Museum. The museum is kind of like a Ripley's Believe It or Not!: there are lots of strange artifacts and a show every night with bearded ladies, giants and mentalists. Thomas, Pippa, and Sam are all part of the show. One night, the mysterious Max shows up and is added to the group. Around the same time a mysterious shrunken head is added to the museum. Murders and misdeeds soon follow. Will the kids find out who is behind the attacks before the museum goes under?

I like the start of Oliver's new series. Each character has their own unique talent, and there are reasons for that. It wasn't knock-your-socks-off, stay-up-all-night reading, but I did enjoy it and will be interested to see where the story goes from here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...