Friday, December 18, 2015

Review: The Octopus Scientists

The Octopus Scientists The Octopus Scientists by Sy Montgomery
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I think I would have enjoyed this book more had I read it before reading "The Soul of an Octopus." Montgomery's affection for these animals comes across so strongly in that book, and I didn't get quite the same feel in this one. It's not to say this book isn't excellent, or worthy of consideration. When I finished "Soul of an Octopus," I wanted to go out and find one and have its suckers on my arms, despite screaming at the touch of a stingray in aquariums before. I didn't have the same reaction here.
The pictures are gorgeous, although I would have appreciated captions on every photo. Still, it's a worthy entry in the "Scientists in the Field" series. If you're able, I would recommend the adult title over this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...