Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Teachers Write Day One

So this year I'm trying, again to do Teachers Write. I wasn't super successful last year, but I'm hopeful I'll be more successful this year, even as I complete an entry a day behind schedule already. You know what, though, that's okay. I will do my best, and it'll be what it will be.

So I'm starting with Jo Knowles' post that's a Monday Morning Warm-Up. It's called "White Page Day," and we're supposed to be writing about our current project. At this point, I don't really have a "project." I just want to write more often. Maybe a project will come, maybe it won't. I'm finding it hard at this point to even write book reviews though, so I'm hoping that just the practice of writing will lead to an easier time of it overall.

So, I would like to write
To get into a habit of writing
To ease some stress by doing something that isn't
My job
Reading
Zoning out in front of a screen (despite the fact that I'm using a screen now)
I have pretty journals.
I can use both!
I would like to write because
I've been told I would be good at it
And whether I am or not
There are stories inside me that need to get out
Stories I want to save for history
Even if it's just a chronicle of my days
A future author might use that for their historical fiction research.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...