Monday, July 20, 2015

It's Poetry Time!

So I'm catching up on the actual writing (not too far behind!) although I'm not very good at participating in the comments section. I suppose I'd have to be even more on top of things for that.

Anyway, today's challenge is about poetry from Liz Garton Scanlon. It's supposed to be a 12-line poem with either an 'abab/cdcd' rhyme scheme or 'aa/bb/cc' scheme.  Let's see what I come up with.

The birthday blues are here to stay
How can I make them go away?

I thought that 30 would be fun.
The confidence battle over, done.

Instead I feel much the same
No celebration to my name.

No party ideas, no fun with friends,
Instead my brain filled with dead ends.

Three days later, clouds disappear
My happiness returned, it's dear.

I'll have lots of fun hanging out
With friends milling all about.


It seems incomplete at 12 lines, but it feels like it captures what I was feeling last week and what I'm feeling today. The computer had a meltdown a week ago that I haven't been able to catch up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...