Thursday, July 30, 2015

Review: Chasing Secrets

Chasing Secrets Chasing Secrets by Gennifer Choldenko
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this one a lot, although for some reason I kept thinking, "Is it really the plague? I think it might be typhoid fever." Must be all the typhoid fever books coming out this year and invading my brain!

Lizzie Kennedy loves joining her father on his rounds as a doctor. Though a bit sad about the fact that her mother died and not enjoying boarding school at all, she has her brother, Billy, her father, and Uncle Karl and Aunt Hortense, as well as a favorite servant named Jing in her life. When Jing disappears at the same time a quarentine is called, she takes action to try to find him. Is there really the plague? Or is it something else?

I'm a historical fiction fan so this wasn't a hard sell for me. I think the mysteries in the story will draw kids in who might not otherwise like historical fiction. A solid choice.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...