Friday, October 14, 2016

Review: The Mysterious Abductions

The Mysterious Abductions The Mysterious Abductions by Tracey Hecht
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The actual story was fine--nocturnal animals are being kidnapped by a mysterious creature, and a group of friends form to solve the mystery. There's a fun take on a human game that is also appealing. I did find the language to be a bit didactic (animals explaining what their features are.) What I really didn't enjoy was the overly flirty sugar glider. Is that something we really need in children's literature? Perhaps I'm being unduly influenced by the political sphere, but I was irritated that the character with the most "personality" basically spent most of his time trying to woo a creature much larger than himself.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...