Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Week 11: Wrap-Up

Phew!  It's all over.  I got behind as time went on, but I caught up in the end.

I didn't read as many other blogs as I probably should have.  I got too overwhelmed by the entire list.  I would have liked to have known who was blogging near me, so that maybe we could get together in person and talk about something.  As it was, I chose to look at blogs that were by people I knew.

I think I enjoyed looking at the Health-related databases the most, since those are the ones that I might have a use for now and again.  I also enjoyed just looking again at all the different services that MARVEL offers.  Sometimes I feel like I don't do a lot of reference work here other than book recommendations.  However, I am currently planning a post to our website about Learning Express and what it does.  I also might do something about the Hobbies and Crafts database, since we have an active knitting group here at the library.  I myself am not very crafty but this may change my mind.  

I did enjoy going through all the databases week after week.  I don't know how it would be structured, but it would be great if there was something similar going over social media or website creation for librarians too!  Thank you so much for all your hard work, consultants!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...