Monday, September 12, 2011

Potential Articles For Literature Review

Richards, E. (2004). Baby Storytime and Sign Language. Colorado Libraries, 30(3), 24-5. Retrieved from Library Lit & Inf Full Text database

From Academic Search Primere

Pizer, G., Walters, K., & Meier, R. P. (2007). Bringing Up Baby with Baby Signs: Language Ideologies and Socialization in Hearing Families. Sign Language Studies, 7(4), 387-430. Retrieved from EBSCOhost.

Pritchett, M. (2008). Out of the Hands of Babes. Behavior Analysis Digest International, 20(3), 11-12. Retrieved from EBSCOhost.

Hands-on babbling. (1991). Science News, 139(13), 205. Retrieved from EBSCOhost.

 Jeffery, D., & Mahoney, E. (1989). Sitting pretty: Infants, toddlers, & lapsits. School Library Journal, 35(8), 37. Retrieved from EBSCOhost.

Stricevic, I., & East, K. (2007). "Babies Guidelines" -- A presentation of the Guidelines for Library Services to Babies and Toddlers. IFLA Conference Proceedings, 1-5. Retrieved from EBSCOhost.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what you are finding in these articles. So, I don't have a great research angle to offer--in other words I am out of my element here :-)

    I suppose that you could focus on the parent who bring the baby to storytime and explore the sign language idea with them or perhaps do a presentation on the idea to a small number of parents (with baby care provided?) and then move into a focus group discussion to obtain their reactions to the idea?

    ReplyDelete

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...