Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sometimes Admitting You Need Help is Hard

So, as usual for me, apparently I was making this whole project a lot more complicated than it needed to be.  I wish I had asked for help earlier than halfway through the semester, but oh well.  Time to play catch up I guess!  And in a way, since I haven't changed my topic that much, I'm not as far behind as I think I am.  But still: I wish I hadn't gotten wrapped in my own life and gotten depressed by the way many of my classmates seemed to be having no trouble at all.  So, to all my other lost classmates: take heart!  I'm right there with you.

So, based on some suggestions by Dr. Solomon, I'm minimizing my project to focusing just on the parents of the babies that come to my library.  I'm going to frame it as part of an on-going process of my library evaluating their story time programming.  This section will be about the baby storytime.  What I hope to do is have a presentation on baby sign at the library, talking about the benefits, and then have a survey about the program and current use of baby sign in the community.  I hope it wouldn't skew my results too much if I include more parents than those that actually attend my storytime.  I am hoping to also get some results on the survey about why they don't come to the baby storytime as well.  In this case, I would be defining babies as anyone under two years of age, since that's the group we market our baby storytimes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...