Saturday, January 27, 2018

Review: Long Way Down

Long Way Down Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'll be honest: I have loved every single thing Jason Reynolds has ever written. I even think he has the best author bio on his books. I adore him, and his mission, and then he has amazing writing skills on top of that. It's incredible.

This is a novel in verse, and it's the story of Will, whose brother Shawn was just murdered. He knows the rules: 1. Don't cry. 2. Don't snitch 3. Revenge. So he takes his brother's gun and goes into the elevator, convinced he knows who shot Shawn. Over the course of the minute-long elevator ride, ghosts visit him, talking about how they died. Can they have any influence over how he thinks, or will the Rules override all?

Just so good.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Multicultural Children's Book Day: Mystery of the Troubled Toucan

 Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted a review, hmm? I thought my Goodreads reviews had been cross-posted here all this tim...